Pivots and Footwork
Note: Can perform this footwork series from anywhere on the floor. Elbow is a great spot to get isolation catches making the moves hard to guard.
- Set 1: Drop Step
- Set 2: Front Pivot-Attack the basket
- Set 3: Front Pivot-Face up jump shot
- Set 4: Front Pivot-Shot fake drive
- Set 5: Reverse Pivot-Ball Sweep to attack the basket
- Set 6: Reverse Pivot-Double Rip to attack the basket
Block to Block Rapid Attacks
- Set 1: Drop Step Baseline
- Set 2: Drop Step Middle
- Set 3: Baby Hook Baseline
- Set 4: Baby Hook Middle
Note: Key to being an effective post player is having a PRIMARY MOVE. Rep one move a thousand times over repping multiple moves a couple of times. ELITE level players understand it takes countless reps to reach mastery.
Primary Move: Jump Hook Progression
- Set 1: Form Baby Hooks-Without elevating make 10 form hooks with both hands. Repeat from the side of the hoop, 45 degree angle, and in front of the basket.
- Set 2: Repeat drill now elevating
- Set 3: 100% Live-Add dribble
This is part 4 in a series of posts put together to help you become an elite player, including a bonus section to ensure you get the most out of your time in the gym. Great players and great teams do more than what’s required, love to be coached, accept criticism, master the fundamentals and are passionate about practice!
- Shooting Development
- Post Development
Bonus: 6 Keys to a Great Workout