Pivots and Footwork
Note: Can perform this footwork series from anywhere on the floor. Elbow is a great spot to get isolation catches making the moves hard to guard.
- Set 1: Drop Step
- Set 2: Front Pivot-Attack the basket
- Set 3: Front Pivot-Face up jump shot
- Set 4: Front Pivot-Shot fake drive
- Set 5: Reverse Pivot-Ball Sweep to attack the basket
- Set 6: Reverse Pivot-Double Rip to attack the basket
Block to Block Rapid Attacks
- Set 1: Drop Step Baseline
- Set 2: Drop Step Middle
- Set 3: Baby Hook Baseline
- Set 4: Baby Hook Middle
Note: Key to being an effective post player is having a PRIMARY MOVE. Rep one move a thousand times over repping multiple moves a couple of times. ELITE level players understand it takes countless reps to reach mastery.
Primary Move: Jump Hook Progression
- Set 1: Form Baby Hooks-Without elevating make 10 form hooks with both hands. Repeat from the side of the hoop, 45 degree angle, and in front of the basket.
- Set 2: Repeat drill now elevating
- Set 3: 100% Live-Add dribble
Bonus: 6 Keys to a Great Workout